Thursday, October 14, 2010

The Battle For the Bay Area and Week 6 Pick'em











Raider Nation finally gets some love on the Sports Rant, and its primarily because I am terrified they are going to send my 49ers to an 0 and 6 record. The Silver and Black are playing solid football right now, led by a tough defense and the 7th ranked rushing attack in the NFL. With Bruce Gradkowski steading the quarterback position, the Raiders are now 2-3, fresh off an upset of San Diego in Primetime, and ready to win the title of best pro team in the Bay Area.

You have never been so low, unitl you have sunk behind the Raiders.


Click the jump for my predictions about the "Battle of the Bay" and the rest of this weeks NFL games as well.


 Raiders @ 49ers -6.5

My pessimism towards the 49ers is at an all time high. Are the 49ers the new Warriors? I have absolutley no faith in this organazation and have almost lowered my standards to watching the team purely for humility's sake, as a did with the Warriors pre-2007.

Some clarifacation on the Raiders, who rarely appear on the Sports rant and are not considred a Bay Area team in my book. If Al Davis had his way, the team would still be in LA, and the team still caries a Southern California flavored stench that I refuse to support.

As for the game, I really think the Raiders are going to stomp us as I think the 49ers will begin to mail in games as they give up on their coach, but as a 49ers fan I refuse to ever pick against my team. So, go Niners baby! Raiders suck.

Chargers @ Rams +9

Nine point dogs at home? I mean the Rams are bad, but they are still a proffessional football team. If you can't cover a 9 point spread at home, you dont deserve to be in the NFL.

Saints @ Bucs +4.5

Bucs are spunky and the Saints are smelling funky. I just made that up, but the point is that the Bucs are peaking while the Saints are sinking.......Ugh, I need to not pick so many games.

Seahawks @ Bears -6.5

Seahawks, Broncos and Jags all fall into the same category. Pick against them on the road and for them at home. That rule applies here. Bears cover.

Dolphins @ Packers -7

I really like the Dolphins this year and the Packers overall talent level is deteoriating with injuries. I will be super ecstatic if Matt Flynn gets the start with Aaron Rodgers concussion, but I dont think it will be enough for the Packers to cover.

Chiefs @ Texans -4.5

I am slowly buying into the Chiefs. I like the poor mans Patriots thing going on there, and I could see them stealing one from the Texans, who are a sinking ship right now.

Ravens @ Patriots -3

Im starting to think that the Ravens might be the Super Bowl favorite right now, as they are playing at a ridicously high level. I think they slay there rival Patriots enroute to a monster regular season.

Lions @ Giants -10

Always pick the Lions to cover the spread. Going for the 15-1 season. (against the spread)

Falcons @ Eagles -3

Similar to the Ravens, the Falcons are rising towards the top of the NFC. A big win on the road against Philly would go a long ways towards solidifiying that statement.

Browns @ Steelers -13.5

Jets @ Broncos +3

Always take the Broncos at home. Plus, the Jets are due for a loss.

Cowboys @ Vikings -1

Colts @ Redskins -3

Titans @ Jaguars -3


Jags are planning a "Teal" out for the Monday Night Game. Should be an interesting sight, and as my manager just said, a little fruity. Titans had a big win against Dallas, but dosent play consistent enough football to get another big one this week in Jacksonville, against a team that is always tough at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment