Thursday, October 14, 2010

The SEC Upset Alert and Week 7 Pick'em










As a sports fan who loves cool sports names, I am absolutely infatuated by Cam Newton. As a football player he both amazes me and as an LSU fan, he terrifies me. How we are going to stop him next week at Jordan Hare is beyond me. Luckily we get to watch Arkansas take a crack at him this Saturday in the SEC game of the week. The winner will have large implications for the SEC West, as Arkasas, Auburn, Alabama and my first place LSU Tigers jockey for a chacne to take on South Carolina in Atlanta. (Yes, South Carolina will make the SEC Championship game.)

Click the jump to find out whether I am rollin with Killa' Cam Newton, or picking the upset minded Razorbacks. Plus, predictions for the rest of the SEC schedule as well. 


Vanderbilt @ Georgia -15

I think Georgia is determined to get their season back on track and get Coach Mark Richt off the hot seat. Last week's stomping of UT was a start, and a convincing win against Vanderbilt will boost morale as well.

Arkansas @ Auburn -4

Its truly amazing what Cam Newton has done in his first season in the SEC. And yes, I know he initially went to Florida, but if still impressed that a guy who was playing against JUCO kids this time last year is much sucn an impact on the SEC this year. As much as I love Cam Newton, I think the Hogs pull off the upset this week. Auburn's weakness is a young secondary that hasnt learned how to get physical yet. Arkansas big, fast reciving core should have a big day, which will give Arkansas the slight edge in a game of almost evenly matched teams.

South Carolina @ Kentucky +4.5

I watched the USC upset over Alabama and USC played nearly a flawless game. Dont get it twisted, in no way did Alabama lose the game last week, they got beat by a better opponent. The concern I have about USC is that we have never seen them play that well before. I find it hard to believe that they can maintain the sudden spike in producticity, and I can see them lowering themselves to the competition on the road against Kentucky.

McNeese St. @ LSU -25

Ill be looking for Ryan Rusillo. Feed the man some gumbo and take him to the after party!

Miss St. @ Florida -7.5

As much as I want to believe that LSU's victory was over a quality opponent, I cant help but feel that the Florida has a lot of issues this year. Brantley is banged up, Demps is out and the Defense has holes. I think Miss St. who looked sharp against a good Houston team has a real chance to give Florida its first three game losing streak under Urban Meyer.  

Ole Miss @ Alabama -21

Statement game! Saban knows he has to put up 50 to win back some favor with the poll voters, and will be aiming for the jugular. Not a good week to be an Ole Miss fan.

Texas @ Nebraska -9.5

Love the Cornhuskers this year, but dont love their chances against this spread. I find it hard to believe that a team with Texas' talent level loses three games in a row. I think the bye week will calm them a bit they will be prepared to compete against Nebraska.
Ohio St @ Wisconisin +3.5

I am loving the Badgers in this one. Always take notice when a home team is playing the biggest game of their year. I'm predicting that the number one team in the nation falls for the second week in a row, as the Badgers pull off the upset behind the power running of John Clay.

No comments:

Post a Comment