Thursday, June 27, 2013

NBA DRAFT 2013

Its that time of year again. Time for my now once annual blog post!

Without further ado, lets get to my NBA draft thoughts by ranking the top 10 players in this years draft. Regardless of where they go, these are the 10 guys that I feel we will look back at as guys that were able to stick around the league.

(1) Ben McLemore
- I feel like he is the drafts best combination of Elite Athleticism and Skill. He can shoot, pass and dribble. (Shoot at an Elite level) and his athleticism will be an asset on the defensive end
- I feel like he wont go number one because teams like drafting big, but I do feel that Ben will be the most influential player from this draft

(2) Anthony Bennett
- I don't really understand what there is not to like about Bennett. He is an athletic big man in the mold of Charles Barkley. A big body that is deceptively quick and explosive.
- I watched a few UNLV games and felt they did a disservice to his draft stock. Hardly any plays were called from him and the NCAA game did not fit his talents. I see Bennet being a force in the NBA.

(3) Trey Burke
- I love Trey Burke
- He is one of those draft prospects where everyone agrees he can do everything well on the court, however his stock drops due to size and athleticism issues. This is similiar to Chris Paul when he came out of college.
- I feel that Burke is savvy enough and skilled enough to have a similar season to Damion Lilliard.

(4) Cody Zeller
- Im surpised to see Zeller slide. I feel like he is still developing and can be a very solid, yet probably not elite , big man

(5) Victor Oladipo
- Who didn't love Oladipo in college. He is a bit overrated due to a low skill level

(6) Nerlens Noel
- Nutcase. However, he is a talented defensive player

(7) Alex Len
- talk of him going number 1 is crazy

(8) Dennis Schroder
- we havent had an under the radar Euro come along in a while. I think this is the one that makes other teams wish they hadnt missed out

(9) Otto Porter
- hard to forget that awful game in the NCAA tournament. I just dont feel like he is athletic enough for the NBA. Dosent have one elite skill either.

(10) Jamal Franklin
- I always felt this was an under the radar NCAA star. Smooth jump shoot with ability to create some space. Enough size and athleticism for the defensive end. Should be a late round steal

No comments:

Post a Comment